Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ripped Off

Yeah, the title says it all.

Okay, so it isn't exactly accurate. I didn't actually get ripped off, but I nearly did. Here's what happened.

Walks up to shop aunty, ask to buy two cans of Soya Bean Milk.

Let A = Aunty, M = Me. (Too much math for me)

A: "Okay, that'll be $1"
M: "...what?"
A: "$1"
M: "...are you sure?"
A: "Yeah? Anything wrong?"
M: "Isn't this stuff supposed to be more expensive? Like $1 per can?"
A: "No, it's $1 for two cans. It says so on the card."
M: "No, it doesn't, look."
M takes up the placard and shows it to A.
A: "Ah there, see? Canned drinks @ 50 cents"
M: "No, look closely. The 50 cents is the previous line."
A: "Huh. Really."
M: "Yeah, look. Canned drinks & Milo @ 90 cents"
A: "Oh dear, I see."
M: "Yeah, so I owe you $1.80, not $1."
A: "Ahh, so sorry."
M: "Yeah, please don't do that again. This stuff ain't cheap, you know."

Man, it was a good thing I was alert, or else I could've been 80 cents richer.

No comments: