Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Project Project

Geez...work is really getting on my nerves...I really can't wait to drop all this project work and start mugging my ass off. At least then I won't have to think about what I'm doing, and can actually start writing PROPER blog posts again. 

On the bright side, these time constraints have actually given me the opportunity to write about non-serious stuff, ie. "Dear Diary, today I went to the morgue to visit my friend, Joe..." That kinda thing. So yeah, perhaps this is one of those blessings in disguise things.

So...so what's been happening lately, other than the EEs and IAs and the to-be-coming TOK essays? Quite a few things, actually. We'll start on the ones that were quite some time ago, and the ones everyone should know about first.

Okay, so I think it was 2 weeks ago that Dneo got 3rd place in that Melty Blood Tournament. Kudos to him and his epic picture with the hot arcade chick. Kudos for choosing Maid Team over Kohaku as well, because I must admit, I had a lot more confidence in his Kohaku than his Maid Team. But I guess the novelty of it all must have paid off, 'cos no one knows how to fight a Maid Team. Nice play, Dneo, nice play.

Another nice play must go to Kuang in that same week when he won the Realm's Championship. Err...at least, I think that's what it's called. Well, even if it isn't you can read Kuang's commentary on the final game if you ask him nicely...and even then, he might not let you if his mood is too foul. Especially after his abysmal luck at the Darkmoon Faire, where I hear he did not do so well...nevertheless, good job, Kuang! I will always support you, man!

Speaking of the Darkmoon Faire, I did manage to get a chance to see Brad Watson, who is apparently the best WOW TCG player walking the planet right now...he went 7 - 0 yesterday, and as the Top 8 were playing today, I don't actually know what place he ended up with. But I have a feeling it isn't anything lower than 3rd. Utopia is an imba card in sealed (I sense much disagreement).

Moving on, it appears that Ryougi Shiki and Asagami Akiha vids are out! This might not mean much to anyone except about...four of us, but heck, it was awesome enought to talk about. Ryougi is animated almost exactly the same way she is in the movies, and Akiha...is Akiha. Wow...like really wow. Looking forward to crashing Junyi's house when he gets his hands on the game. And I'm sure Dneo can't wait to get his hands on the Kohaku-MechHisui team.

Backing up a little, I finally managed to beat Phantasmagoria of Flower View with one credit. Granted, I used a cheapo character who's EX ability is so freaking imba it shouldn't even be allowed in the game...but heck, it was worth it. Yay, so now I've managed to beat all the Touhou games on the normal difficulty, with the exception of SA, which is just insane, so I'm not even gonna try that one yet. Kudos to JK and Junyi for the advice about the PoFV.

Next up, the Final Fantasy concert, which I didn't actually go for. That's pretty unfortunate, really, 'cos they ran out of tickets before I even heard about the damned show. Okay, to be honest, I'm lying - they did have tickets, but only single seat tickets - what's the point of going to a concert without sitting with your friends? That's just retarded, even it is a Final Fantasy concert. Well...according to Cleon, it was one heck of a show...he even got Uematsu's autograph, the bastard. Ah well...maybe next time.

Anime is next, with both Haruhi and Eden being the highlights of the anime this week. Haruhi Season One With Extra Episodes is out - good ol' Haruhi. Same as before, but with slightly different animation. It's not that noticeable, but it looks like Lucky Star and K-ON have taken their toll on the team, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, Haruhi is always good. 

Eden is rocking our socks off with every episode, as usual. Super Illusion Material is now the in-thing, and damn, but that was one heck of an illusion. The thing is, I'm worried about the storyline...Eden is only what, 11 or 12 episodes long? We still haven't met all the Selecao, Johnny Hunter ain't dead yet, Careless Monday's not been explained, Mr. Outside hasn't been found, and who the heck is the damned Supporter? So many questions, so few episodes.

Moving on to more personal stuff, The Three Nightingales story is taking quite some time to write, partly because I'm procrastinating and having to dig myself out of the EE hole, but also because...well, it's not the kind of thing that people generally like. I mean, what the heck, it's too freaking idealistic and romantic and all the things that are me. So yeah...people don't like that kinda thing, unfortunately. Too bad.

On a more positive note, the Fire Emblem game is going along pretty well. It's kinda funny how I have more fun actually creating the game than playing it, but what the heck. I'm pretty damned sure that some of the characters I've created are imba, and that the usual people will have the normal criticisms, but I don't really care...it was quite fun making it all up! The storyline's pretty interesting as well, although even I think it's cheesy!

Finally, as you can see on my nick, I'm giving tuition *cue laughter from Herrick, Jarrel, Junyi...and pretty much everyone who is more pro than me, which is a lot of people* to anyone who wants it. My tuition doesn't cost a lot (maybe an iced milo in the SAC one day) and even then, I don't usually collect it (at least 24 people still owe me beer for the math port). But perhaps the selling point of my tuition is that I like to pride myself on being pretty clear. So yeah, if you need any help, I'd be happy to do so.

No comments: