Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lessons in Life

I was once told by a very wise man that there are a lot of lessons to be learnt in life - there isn't a day that goes by without learning something or other. And so here are some of the lessons I've learnt today.

1. I've learnt that Geography is utterly boring
2. I've learnt that I am going to fail my Math's test
3. I've learnt that I'm not going to able to finish funding a project I've been working on for the past 3 months,
4. I've learnt that my LangArts is going to be the death of me
5. I've learnt that my Geography IA is going to bite the dust. Same for EE.

Such is life. There is a lot of crap right now in IB, and I doubt that I'm the only one with this sentiment.

Nevertheless, another wise friend told me that as you wander or struggle through life, you must remember always too look at the beautiful scenery around you. So here is what I've learnt by just sitting down and thinking.

1. I've learnt that I have some of the best friends in the world.
2. I've learnt that there are people willing to spend time to look in random stores for a poster of an age-old game that I love.
3. I've learnt that there are beautiful flowers around the HDB Hub area
4. I've learnt that when some people insult you, they don't really mean it
5. I've learnt that friends, once made, are friends forever

And perhaps the most valuable thing that I learnt today was that if you wear a pair of old, worn out iPOD earphones, complete with cheap wiring and a faulty mp3 player, and you lean your ears against the metal poles near the doors of every MRT train, the sound of the MRT going over the tracks complements the beat of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni beautifully.

Such is Life. It is good.

No comments: