Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Disappointing, son!

Hmm...I have noticed something really strange about the past few weeks. Somehow, they've been one heck of a roller coaster ride in terms of good points and bad points, and it's been full of disappointments now and then. There have been, of course, lot's of happy times as well, but as humans, we generally tend to remember the times when we've been betrayed, hurt or embarrassed more vividly than the other joyful, carefree times.

So, as I was thinking about the disappointments in the past few weeks, I suddenly realised something, and perhaps this is a very pertinent question.

Which is worst, being disappointed by a friend, or being disappointed by yourself?

This is probably quite a strange question, but if you think about it, it's pretty true - the feeling that you get when you are betrayed (okay, maybe that's too strong a word...let down, perhaps?) by your friends and that when you are disappointed by yourself is very different. Of course, people who have awesome friends or emo-people who blame themselves all the time won't know this, but I guess most of us should!

And well, in my opinion, I think that getting disappointed by myself is a lot worse than getting disappointed by your friends. The feeling that you get when you know you could have and should have done better in something is terrible, and you feel really bad for a few moments.

And I guess this is where people begin to think differently. Either you can go on thinking that you're really dumb and keep harping about the fact that you did terribly, or you can pick yourself up and keep on fighting! That's the great thing about being disappointed by yourself, because while you can't change other people, you can definitely change yourself whenever you want to!

And as for being disappointed by my friends...well, I guess I'm one of those people with awesome friends who never disappoint!

No comments: