Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Exam Results - Time to Bounce Back

So it looks like exam results are back, and no one's blogged about that yet. Truth be told, I can understand why - these exam results were craptastic, and it was through no fault of the examiners. None of the exam papers were hard per se, except maybe for math. It was mostly careless mistakes and being non-exam smart, like spending 45 mins on the first question of Chem Paper 2. And in the end, everyone got full marks for that piece of shit, because it was ECF all the freaking way. Sian.

That said, I'm overall preeeety okay with my exam results. Considering how shitty I felt after most papers, I think this was a pretty good result, yup. I mean, seriously, for Geography, I didn't think I'd get a 7, much less top the level. Geography is a full of shit subject - the question I spent the least time (30 minutes) on got 15, and the question I spent the most time (45 minutes) on got 14. Wow, talk about time management.

In the end, my results looked like this:

Chinese 7
English 6
Physics 6 (SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 7 ASDF)
Math 6 (COULD HAVE BEEN A 7 ASDF)
Chem 6 (SCRUBBED OUT ASDF)
Geog 7 (THE ONLY PAPER I'M HAPPY FOR~~)

6 for English was a pleasant surprise, because I was totally expecting a 5, maybe even a 4 if my paper 2 was unlucky. By the grace of God, I somehow managed to get a 16 for Paper 1, which was about...6~7 marks higher than what I was expecting. Similarly, I only got 18 for Paper 2, which was about 4 marks lower than what I was expecting. Oh well, life's like that.

I guess I feel a little pissed at myself for missing out on Physics, Math and Chem 7s, but what the heck, I got what I deserved - except maybe for Math, because I really thought I did well for that paper. But yeah, not mugging definitions for Physics and being an idiot in Chem Paper 2 really took its toll. Ah well, what can I say? Time to mug for the Prelims.

In any case, I ought to be very thankful, because it seems that a lot people died. I know cherilyn, demel, lexyXD got lower than what they expected. Dndy got what we all expected him to get, so that was fine. Even the Light only got 39 - his LangArts is really becoming his Achilles Heel. But still, I think we were all pretty emo about the results, some more emo than others, and emo for different reasons.

Ah well, another round of exams over. Time to prepare for the next round - such is the life of an IB mugger.

No comments: